Process management and process maturity
What’s the state of your information development or technical writing work? Are instructions produced by competent people on demand, using predictable or controlled processes, or does the editorial team work continuously on improvement?
Creating a process map and assessing process maturity provide you with a good overview of the status quo, as well as an ideal starting point for further process analysis.
With a bit of effort, the development status and development possibilities of your business processes become transparent – because even in process management, too, every journey begins with a first step.
Our consulting modules for successful process management
- Create a process map for your company by classifying and evaluating relevant processes
- Audit your company's process maturity level and evaluate your process documentation
- Identify and leverage the potential of interlinked processes, such as interfaces between product development and information creation processes
- Consult on the organizational structure and anchor technical editing within the process and organizational structure
Process analysis and process optimization
Or: Self-awareness is the first step to improvement. A detailed analysis forms a solid basis for both sustainably optimizing business processes and comparing them with best practices.
The analysis fouses on capturing the actual processes, identifying interfaces with other processes, and working out the potentials in terms of efficiency, robustness, conformity, and effectiveness.
For the representation of the processes, we rely on established industry standards, such as BPMN 2.0, or use the syntax introduced in your company. As a result, not only do you receive a process model coordinated with all process participants, you also get an overview of improvement potentials and concrete measures for process optimization.
Our proven process model for information process analysis
- Perform structured interviews with all relevant process participants,
such as with SIPOC (supplier/inputs/process/outputs/customer)
- Summarize the individual results into a comprehensive process model, based on the Business Process Model and Notation(BPMN)
- Identify improvement potentials and derive concrete measures
- Qualify (time, cost, quality), prioritize, and classify (method, system, organization) the identified potentials and measures
- Create both a roadmap and a time, resource, and milestone plan for the implementation of the measures
Modeling optimized target processes
Or: Where should the journey go? Clear processes with defined responsibilities and interfaces require detailed definitions and specifications – and a meaningful and comprehensible presentation.
When modeling the target processes, we bring the process participants and stakeholders to the table and determine the many influencing factors of an optimized process flow with the help of the results of the process analysis.
The result is a coordinated and documented target process. If no other standard has already been defined, we rely on the globally valid and open BPMN standard.
We support you with process modeling
- Model optimized target processes and coordinate processes and process activities with all process participants
- Define, specify, and document interfaces in the process flow
- Create meaningful and understandable process models and visualizations, for example based on BPMN
- Set up sustainable process documentation
- Quantify process steps (setup, waiting and throughput times, resource requirements, etc.) as a basis for process simulation
Implement target processes
Or: How to make change manageable. Like any change project, the implementation of processes only works if management, responsible parties, and employees feel understood, accepted, and valued and when they are able to work together. Transparency and open communication are the key to sustainable results.
For this reason, a careful analysis of the individual goals and requirements of the stakeholders is an important first step in the implementation of target processes.
Based on this, the benefits and necessity of the planned change can be presented in practice through process implementation, binding commitments can be obtained from those involved in the process, and measures for implementation can be planned.
Continuous improvement processes (CIP) and process-oriented key figures ensure sustainable results of process implementation.
We support you throughout the entire change process
- Identify and engage stakeholders
- Coordinate processes with stakeholders and process participants
- Gap analysis to identify necessary adjustments to organization, interfaces, or systems through process implementation
- Create a roadmap and a time, resourcem and milestone plan for the implementation of defined measures
- Define, determine, and evaluate process-oriented key figures
BPMN 2.0 seminars
Or: Our know-how becomes your know-how. Learn to document process flows with the industry standard BPMN 2.0. BPMN is a powerful standard for process modeling. This means that inconsistent, outdated, incomplete, or difficult-to-understand process documentation becomes a thing of the past.
Benefit from our many years of experience with process modeling in BPMN 2.0. We pass on our methodological knowledge and best-practice solutions to you in customized in-house training courses.
We can help you get started or change
- Introduction to business process management (BPM)
- Methodical aspects of process modeling
- Modeling processes with BPMN 2.0 – from simple to advanced
- Creation of a guideline or set of rules for uniform process modeling
- BPMN 2.0 in different modeling tools,
for example, Bizagi Modeler, SAP Signavio Process Manager, Microsoft Visio
Effective and efficient strategy work
Content strategy, system strategy, personnel strategy, digitization and media strategy, make-or-buy strategy – the right strategy is an essential building block for efficiency, minimizing risk, and success in many areas.
With a powerful strategy, you identify the appropriate goals and measures. This is the basis for clear and effective communication so that the team can work together. You can then focus entirely on the success of your work and ensure your results are sustainable based on framework decisions.
Effective strategy work
We develop clear answers to the following and other questions together with you as part of our strategy consulting:
- Has a clear and shared understanding of the required information quality been achieved within the company?
- Are clear information management objectives established and known, and are they being effectively pursued?
- Do the goals and concepts of information management fit with the overall goals of the company?
Our consulting is comprehensive and interlocks all levels: content, systems, and processes. We know the most effective measures and best practices from our numerous consulting projects and can help you from goal identification to successful implementation.
Efficient strategy work
Through the building blocks of our lean and effective process model for strategy work, we ensure fast and meaningful results:
- Evaluate initial situation
- Define goals
- Determine measures
- Implement measures
- Monitor effecst
And if you need targeted support for a single phase: We can step in with you at any point in the process model. Each step concludes with a result that you can continue to work with independently.